Later on you will hear about an apology from Exodus International, the ministry that has for many years reached out to people struggling with same sex attractions and homosexuality. Now, Alan Chambers, the President EXODUS, is blogging that he is sorry about the ministry’s work, and is going on Oprah today to issue a formal apology today to all the members of the LGBTQ community who have been hurt by his organizations.
Plus the movie season is in full swing, and the new Superman movie is being marketed to pastors as sermon packages. Are churches buying the package?
Up first, we are talking about the difference between contextualizing the culture (like Jesus and Paul did), and the modern-day trend to contextualize the Gospel to make it less offensive to unbelievers. In our first segment, watchman Eric Barger is here. Eric’s Take A Stand! Ministries confronts both the culture and the Church, focusing on the troubling unbiblical trends and doctrinal issues facing Christians.
- Superman Sermon Notes? Really? (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Holy Helicopter SCAM (fightingforthefaith.com)
- Superman: Flying to a church near you (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Superman: Coming to a church near you (fox4kc.com)
- “I am Sorry,” says EXODUS President to homosexual community (standupforthetruth.com)
- SHOCKING: Orlando Based Exodus International, Nation’s Largest Ex-Gay Ministry, Issues Apology and Shuts Down (thedailycity.com)
- Letter: Elder forced to leave for standing against Spiritual Formation (standupforthetruth.com)
- Spiritual Formation vs. Biblical Sanctifiction (standupforthetruth.com)
- Theological Seminaries Going Contemplative! (standupforthetruth.com)