Today we’re covering several interesting stories about Spiritual Formation and Contemplative Prayer. A little later on, a story from Chicago about the Moody Pastor’s Conference in which the ancient contemplative prayer practice of Lectio Divina is being taught. What is it, and why is it a dangerous spiritual practice?
We’re also going to discuss the difference between the whole Spiritual Formation/transformation movement that many mainline churches are embracing, verses biblical sanctification. You’ll want to read Spiritual Formation or Biblical Sanctification? over on the CRN blog.
In our first segment, we’re going to spend some time looking at the latest trends in public education with our guest, Kyle Olson. Kyle has his finger on the pulse of what’s coming down the pike, and his organization helps parents and teachers take a stand against some of the progressive mandates impacting our children. Kyle is the publisher and founder of EAGnews.org dedicated to education reform. Kyle is a contributor to TownHall.Com and has written a book titled, Indoctrination: How Useful Idiots Are Using Our Schools To Subvert American Exceptionalism.
- Moody’s Pastors’ Conference Features Lectio Divina (standupforthetruth.com)
- Spiritual Formation or Biblical Sanctification? (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Truth & Trends: Everyman’s church (standupforthetruth.com)
- Theological Seminaries Going Contemplative! (standupforthetruth.com)
- What’s so rotten about Common Core Curriculum? (standupforthetruth.com)
- What’s rotten about Common Core? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Leaving spiritual Babylon (standupforthetruth.com)