On today’s program: Fearful Leadership. In this era of Christian faith, how can you tell if leaders lead from fear or conviction?
Check out these articles:
Eight Signs of Fearful Leadership
The Fearful Pastor
We’re going to take the first segment of our program to talk about something that we haven’t discussed since the last election, and that is Mormonism. For a lot of Christians, the Mormon belief system has fallen off their radar because Mitt Romney didn’t win the election so it’s no longer part of the national conversation. But our guest believes it should be. Joining us in our first segment is someone who knows Mormonism from the inside out. James K Walker is the president of Watchman Fellowship, and a former fourth-generation Mormon himself. Watchman Fellowship is an apologetics and discernment ministry that provides research and evaluation on cults, the occult, and new religious movements from a traditional Christian perspective. Rev. Walker is directly involved with evangelism and apologetics in a variety of related fields including Mormonism, the New Age Movement, Armstrongism, Satanism and the occult.
Stand Up For The Truth Resource: All About Mormons: a side-by-side comparison
He speaks at churches and universities throughout the world, and evangelizes to the lost at Jehovah’s Witnesses’ conventions, Mormon temple openings and New Age events.
Because of his background and love for those lost in the cults and alternative religions, James Walker has invested his life into reaching them with the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. His desire is to work together with local churches to evangelize those in the cults and to bring them into healthy, Bible-centered churches.
- Chapter by Chapter Synopsis of How to Protect Your Child From the New Age & Spiritual Deception (lighthousetrails.com)
- Are Jesus and Satan brothers? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Poll of Americans: Better a Mormon than a Muslim in White House (christianitytoday.com)
- Why the “Mormonism thing” needs exploring
- 6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Church Growth (thegospelcoalition.org)
- Mormonism and Visitations From the Dead (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Old Mormon vs New Mormon. (defendingcontending.com)
- Mormons and Christians: The national conversation
- Mormonism isn’t Christianity, even if the president of Fuller Theological Seminary says otherwise. (defendingcontending.com)
- What is Mormonism? What do Mormons believe?
- Witnessing to Mormons – what is the key?
- Who was Joseph Smith?