Matthew 24:10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other.
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
Are you sensing that the “great falling away” is happening, and that we are now in the age of increased deception? We’re seeing it too, and the overwhelming evidence of apostasy is happening all around us. Our young people are turning away from the faith in droves, and many leaders once thought to be solid preachers of truth are compromising and embracing doctrines of demons.
For as much as we talk about persecution from a world that hates those of us who proclaim Christ, there is one who hates us more. We have an enemy on the prowl, and as watchmen and women, you and I have huge targets on our backs as we try to help our friends and family navigate these confusing times. And our children. If we don’t ground them in the doctrine of truth, they will fall away with the rest of the world.
Our guest today calls this increased deception a clever sniper campaign, and our children are in the cross-hairs. Ingrid Schlueter grew up in Christian broadcasting and began producing Christian talk radio at the age of 21. For 7 years, she was publisher of Slice of Laodicea, one of the pioneer Christian blogs covering the compelling spiritual issues of the day. For twenty-three years she produced and co-hosted a syndicated Christian radio show based in Milwaukee,and she currently works as a producer for a Christian radio show in Dallas, researching and tracking the tremendous changes within evangelicalism.
- In light of the danger of spiritual deception, how can someone know they are a Christian? (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- The Rise of Apocalyptic Paganism in the Church (herescope.blogspot.com)
- Accommodating the Culture (herescope.blogspot.com)
- Gay-Affirming Churches: The stats and the movement (standupforthetruth.com)
- Counterfeit Christianity (blottingoutgod.com)
- Jim Wallis Now Supports Same-Sex Marriage (standupforthetruth.com)
- Tony Jones: “I Think Your Atonement Might Be Wrong” (standupforthetruth.com)