Today we are challenging Christians everywhere to understand how the enemy has used confusion to muddy the waters of faith. Remember when the Emergent Church decided to ask questions instead of clarify doctrine, or have conversations about what the Bible means to you rather than clearly articulate what God’s Word says? In a strange turn of events, that’s no longer true. These days as the Emergent movement is re-emerging (yes, those of you who thought the Emergent Movement had died out need to hear this), those leaders are now clearly articulating what they are about: Gay marriage, no subsitutionary atonement, and the Bible being untrustworthy or a collection of allegorical stories.
And many of those strong preachers who once stood firm on the Truth of God’s Word and unashamedly preached it are now the ones bringing confusion to the table. We’re going to talk about this role reversal in the second segment.
But first, should Christians seek common spiritual ground with Islam? There is a growing number of Christian ministry leaders who say “Yes!” Joining us this first segment is Elijah Abraham, who was once a Muslim. Born and raised in Baghdad, Elijah is now a born-again Christian and today is the founder and executive director of Living Oasis Ministries, reaching Muslims with the Gospel. Abraham is part of Biblical Missiology, a group dedicated to shining the light of truth on a movement called Chrislam, the blending of Christianity and Islam that has been infesting the Body of Christ and is a growing concern.
- New Age Impact on the Church: Infiltrating Heresies (lamblion.us)
- Factors leading to conversion of Muslims to Christ.
- Spiritual formation is gearing the Church up for self delusion (thepropheticyears.com)
- Question to the Editor: What’s Up with Lilly Endowment – Funding Pastoral Sabbaticals with a Contemplative Agenda (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- Book Review: A God of Many Understandings?: The Gospel and a Theology of Religions (biblicalmissiology.org)
- A different Gospel is lulling us to sleep (standupforthetruth.com)
- A Basil
or a Demas? How attached are your disciples to this world? (biblicalmissiology.org)
- How Confusion Breeds Chrislam (standupforthetruth.com)
- Worshiping Jesus in the Mosque: A response (standupforthetruth.com)
- Gospel-less sermons regenerate no one (standupforthetruth.com)
- Has the Gospel been shown the door? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Pastors as Shepherds or ‘Culture’ Trend Setters? (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)
- Christian colleges and churches “shaken” by pagan craze (standupforthetruth.com)
- The Problem with Christians Doing the ‘Harlem Shake’ (christianitytoday.com)
- Don’t bring that ‘Harlem Shake’ to my church! (atwistedcrownofthorns.com)