Pastor Parsley zip-lines to pulpit over cheering congregants

ZIP

Is it a bird? Is it Tom Cruise? No, it is a pastor!  Rod Parsley of World Harvest Church is raising some eyebrows by releasing this now-viral video of himself zip lining through the air over his cheering congregation, and landing onto his pulpit. His band is playing the “Mission Impossible” theme music to kick off its “Mission Possible” sermon series leading into Easter. If you send him your email, Parsley sends you a “voucher” for a free gift when you visit his church.

Says the owner of the video and the church camera operator:  “We are on a mission to bring unsaved ppl into the tabernacle for Easter so they can receive Jesus. Y’all could try praying for our efforts instead of being so ignorant! Be part of the solution! Not the problem!!”

World Harvest Church serves 12,000 people. It started out as a home church in someone’s backyard in Ohio.

So is this another example of tomfoolery designed to entertain goats, or a real move of the Holy Spirit to save people on Resurrection Sunday?

WAIT! Don’t answer yet until you know the rest of the story. Rod Parsley preaches that he can infuse the Holy Spirit into a prayer cloth that you can PURCHASE for your own miracle healings, “for the release of your faith.” How much for the cloth? “It’s an expression of your faith. For some it’s $25, for some it’s $50, for some it’s $100, or $500, or $1,000,” exclaims Parsley. “Make your seed the expression of your expectation!”

Of course, Pastor Parsley is not the only doing this.  Check out this article to see who else is preaching these “miracles” for money.

This entry was posted in 2010 - 2015 Archives, False Prophet and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Pastor Parsley zip-lines to pulpit over cheering congregants

1. Rose Vosburgh says:

Absolutely pathetic! Now we have 'pastors' flying through the air to 'win 'em to Christ'. All that is being accomplished in 'churches' like this is entertainment of goats. No real gospel preaching, no conviction of sin, no understanding of our wretchedness before a holy God or what Christ did for us on the cross or what the resurrection accomplished. The gospel doesn't NEED any 'help'. It will do the job all by itself….if they will just have the courage to PREACH IT!

Sad state of affairs and getting sadder every day. Maranatha!

2. Francisco Silva says:

As watch this circus-like show, it makes me wonder who is being glorified in this service; somehow, I don't get a sense that it is Jesus! I wonder why. . .

• Sharon W. says:

Good point Francisco….first & foremost, it should be about God's Glory. As for how these antics may help edify the "body of Christ"? [2 Thessalonians 1:12]

Sometimes I ponder, with all the activities, hobbies & entertaimnent etc. that are available in our society, does anybody hunger for something with more substance?

1 Corinthians 2:1-5 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Where is this preaching occuring? Is there any? Where is the Conversion that comes by the power of God, The Spirit of Grace.

2 Corinthians 3:3-6 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

2 Corinthians 4:1-2 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; but have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

No, we have lost our way, we have chased after men in whom there is no hope. We follow those who stand in the worlds wisdom and understanding and do not take and hold to the counsel of God. We who hold them up have become just like them. Vanity!

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 1 Corinthians 1:20

For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men: Isaiah 29:10-13

Whosoever has recieved Him, the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: Isaiah 11:2-3

OH LORD GOD, Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them. The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments. Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do unto those that love thy name. Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me. Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep thy precepts. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy statutes. Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy law. Psalm 119:129-136

Is this my heart? Is this how I feel about your word? Is this what I believe? Help me Lord God in my unbelief! Help me to escape from men who desire to yoke me with themselves under a yoke of their own making being wraught in the flesh and not the Spirit of God. Save me Christ Jesus from myself!

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; Hebrews 3:12-14

It is in Your Hands Lord God whether we stand or fall and this so we may learn not to have any confidence in ourselves but in Christ alone! To God be the Glory! Amen!

4. J says:

I wonder what Jesus thinks of us so called christians down here on earth? I shudder to think what Jesus thinks. I can only hope when I get to heaven God can say too me well done the good and faithful servant enter into the kingdom which I have prepared for you.
    That's my heart felt cry that God will be honored in what I have done for him here. For myself if I don't keep my family on the straight and narrow nothing else matters to me here on earth. My job don't matter, how much money I made doesn't matter and what church I've attended doesn't matter.

5. Liss Askew says:

No wonder so many are against church..This pastor is putting all focus on him, not CHrist. I am at a loss of words at the moment. Is this what church has become? We tend to think that society wants church to be more like the culture, but in talking to some non-Christian friends, I think they really want the church to be different than the culture. They really don't know what they want from the church because they are not christians, but they don't like what they see in these mega churches with their starbucks, etc. My one friend said it just seems like they are watering down the message, and she isn't even a Christian. We have allowed the culture to influence us and deceptively make us think that the church has to play to the culture. Satan is loving it!

6. Liss Askew says:

Just wanted to add..All these antics just cheapen the value of Jesus Christ. Very sad to see this happening…