In the Body of Christ, we all have different giftings and skills, and not everyone is passionate about the same ministries, or areas where we serve. And that’s a good thing. We are all different parts of the Body, and we need each other. The Bible says, “The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” (1 Corinthians 12:21) So what do you do if your gifts and passions include contenting for the faith, or helping to protect the sheep?
If you’ve got a passion for discerning what is true from what is almost true, there is a good chance you’ve been told you are critical, or a Sanballat, or perhaps you’ve been told that you should be more about what you are for, than against. (Code for “stop being a Pharisee.) Today we hope you feel encouraged and equipped to serve your local church in that area. Because as you’ll hear this hour, there is no greater need for your service to be able to help strengthen and fortify your church and its leaders than right now. The times we are living in as Christians could not be more confusing, with so many different movements seemingly mushrooming up overnight, out of nowhere.
Joining us is a woman who has watched these changes take place over the past several decades. Jackie Alnor is a veteran researcher and defender of the faith. She hosts a weekly radio program on the Rapture Ready Radio network called Apostasy Alert, and has a website by that same name. She is the author of the book, The Fleecing of Christianity. Jackie has been monitoring, taping, and documenting religious programming since the 1980s and her clips have been used by many apologetics ministries in many video exposès.
- The Home Church Movement – Necessary or a Dangerous Trend?
- Sola Sisters: What Is Fundamentalism?
- The Dangerous Time of False Unity (standupforthetruth.com)
- Stemming the tide (standupforthetruth.com)
- Getting equipped! (standupforthetruth.com)
- Church: Choose clarity or confusion (standupforthetruth.com)
- The Demise of Biblical Discernment (standupforthetruth.com)
- Brokenness and the Church (standupforthetruth.com)
- Spiritual formation and neo-Gnosticism lead believers down shakey path (standupforthetruth.com)