Does your church preach the Gospel each and every time, or just some times? Today we are continuing our discussion on why we believe it is of utmost importance to share the Gospel at every opportunity. In the Seeker Driven, Emergent and Progressive models, we have seen a trend away from this emphasis, focusing instead on life stories, morality or social issues. And while those things are good, those are the Law, not the Gospel. Today we’re going to share several resources with you to help you understand what the Gospel is, and is not. And if you haven’t heard Pastor Voddie Baucham’s sermon on this, it is the best 57 minutes you’ll spend! Take the time to listen:
Other resources are included below.
- Changes in Church Leadership (standupforthetruth.com)
- What is the Gospel?
- Steven Furtick’s Elevation Church Missing The Gospel In 60 Seconds (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Gospel-less sermons regenerate no one (standupforthetruth.com)
- Voddie Baucham – What the Gospel Is, and What it is Not
- The Trouble with Transformation (herescope.blogspot.com)
- We Need an Explicit Gospel, but Chandler’s Isn’t Perfect (steakandabible.com)