Are you ever told that you sound more like what you are against than whom you are for? Today we discuss watchmen and discernment ministries. There are some excellent ones out there, and unfortunately there are some that are more interested in just creating controversies for the sake of popularity. Where is the biblical balance? The answer is to shine the light on both what we are for and what we stand against. It’s part of defining terms, movements and theologies so that we communicate clearly. And it’s about motive. What’s your end game? Why point out error if not for the purpose of reconciliation?
What is discernment NOT about? It’s not about being right, or having squishy gut feelings we call red flags. We need to continually downplay our own opinions and point people to what God says.
Joining us for this conversation today is, Heath Pucel of the Burnbrothers Ministry, an organization that trains Christians on how to overcome their fear and share their faith.
- Discernment for these times (standupforthetruth.com)
- Some Important Questions To Ask About “Discernment Ministries” (standupforthetruth.com)
- Finding God’s Will? (solasisters.blogspot.com)
- What is the ALPHA Course? (standupforthetruth.com)
- A Biblical Critique of the Word of Faith Movement: A Call For Discernment Series + Origins and Errors (Full Film) (thereformedtraveler.com)
- A look at ALPHA (standupforthetruth.com)