Psalm 133:1 makes it clear that unity is absolutely essential because the we are the Body of Christ, and a body cannot be in disunity or disharmony with itself. Jesus’ plan for His church is people unified in the faith. But in these times we need to ask, “unity around what?” Are we to have unity around the movement of Chrislam where Christians seek to find common ground with a religion that denies Christ as God’s son? Should we be united around New Age Christianity that calls Jesus a great teacher rather than the only way to eternal life? Or a “purpose driven” life that tells us to dream big rather than pick up our cross and follow Him?
Study John Chapter 17 for more.
Joining us today is Dave Wager, the author of several books and the president of Silver Birch Ranch and Nicolet Bible Institute in northern Wisconsin. Dave is also the president of a ministry called The Omega Force, a catalyst that helps Christians learn the Word of God through college-level courses that anyone can take online.
- Unity? Or Dysfunction in the Body of Christ?
- How can the church achieve a true, biblical unity?
- How should conflict in the church be handled?
- What is the Christian community?
- Rick Warren and Joel Osteen Join Hands With Oprah
- WE MUST PREACH THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST AND HIM CRUCIFIED
- Martyn Lloyd Jones on false unity and Church History
- I hope you don’t preach that. It will hurt a lot of beautiful people.
- Softening the Truth to Accommodate Prevailing Taste?