Atheists post anti-Jesus billboard in Times Square

New York City’s Times Square is the spot that American Atheists have chosen to post this year’s rendition of their hatred toward Jesus. The two-line message reads, “Keep the Merry” over a picture of Santa Claus, and, “Dump the MYTH!” over a picture of a crucified Christ:

American Atheists Erect Jesus Myth Ad | War on Christmas

Photo Credit: American Atheists

Representatives from American Atheists say that the organization’s motivations for posting it is because the holiday season is about “family, friends, and love” and that its beauty has “nothing to do with the gods of yesteryear.”  They go on to state that, “the season is far more enjoyable without the religious baggage of guilt and judgmentalism. Dump the myth and have a happy holiday season.”

Now, we need to understand that those who do not believe are naturally unable to love God. You and I were there at one time, before we had the spiritual eyes to know Truth.  The Bible says:

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.

John 14:17 He is the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Please pray that their eyes would be opened, and that that they would come to know this gentle truth:

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” 1st Corinthians 15:3,4

That’s it. There is nothing we can do to perfectly follow the “rules,” which is why He came into the world. He fulfilled the Law, and gave His life in our place. And that is the wondrous mystery and beautiful hope of Christmas.

This entry was posted in 2010 - 2015 Archives, Hot Topics and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Atheists post anti-Jesus billboard in Times Square

1. Rose Mary says:

Why do they fight so hard against someone they do not believe in…??Remember atheists He still believes in you, even if you don't believe in Him…One day you will face Him and He will ask you about your decision not to believe in His Son Jesus..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2. Noel Mongeon says:

As Mary wrote, how can they fight so hard against something they are so sure exists? If I don't think something is real, I just ignore it, I don't spend my lifetime fighting against it. God loves all, it's our sin that seperates us from him, unless we ask for his forgiveness.

3. Kelsey Kay says:

I have no problem with any religion, even though I am catholic. If we could all just respect each others decision instead of shoving our beliefs down everyone else's throats, we'd know peace. Instead of getting offended at a nativity scene at Christmas if you're an atheist, ignore it. It's there to show pride in that persons religion, not to offend you. Seriously.

4. stephanie says:

Jesus is our Lord, our Savior and our God. The true God of Israil. We battle not against flesh and blood but against all the powers and principalities of darkness. Christians pray pray pray and continue in the Faith, Jesus will return soon and victory is his!!!

5. jay says:

Atheist aren't fighting god. The are fighting that one religion in this country enjoys privilege over all other religious and non religious belief. If the billboard said Christ is Lord like so many others around the country, no Christian would say that billboard is offensive. However it would be very offensive to many. If Christians can put up billboards shouldn't others with different religious beliefs be able to put up theirs?

6. cathy says:

how is a fat guy coming down your chimney a good thing to tell your children.. this is bull.. no

7. CARMEN says:

AS I READ THE NEWS IT WAS REVEALED THAT THE PRESIDENT OF THE ATHEIST ORGANIZATION WAS A METHODIST PASTOR FOR 20 YEARS ….

8. Rose Vosburgh says:

So the athetists want to have Christmas…but not Christ. And, according to them, it is just 'a holiday about family, friends, and love, and its beauty has nothing to do with gods of yesteryear'. If that is what they want to celebrate…fine, but they had better give their holiday another name because historically Christmas IS the celebration of Christ's birth whether they like it or not! They have hijacked Christmas…thrown Christ out…and think they can keep the 'love' and 'beauty' of the season. But without Christ, Christmas has no meaning at all….it is just a hallow shell. The joys of gift-giving/receiving and merriment are completely empty compared to the greatest gift ever given. I am sad for these people…to never know the true joy of the real Christmas. Very sad indeed.

9. Daniel Klembara says:

Why do they fight so hard against someone they do not believe in…??Remember atheists He still believes in you, even if you don’t believe in Him…One day you will face Him and He will ask you about your decision not to believe in His Son Jesus..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I can imagie is very tempting to interpret it like that. But just look what was there written on poster- dump the myth. Myth is something than dont exist, we dont believe in something that dont exist, we fight against the myth not against someone we know he exist.

I can guarantee this for you.

• Rose Vosburgh says:

Sorry, Daniel, but Jesus is an historical figure. There is irrefutable proof not only that He lived, but that He also rose from the dead. Christmas has always been about Jesus. The word 'Christmas' contains His name, for crying out loud! If you don't want to celebrate the birth of the real, historical Person Jesus who was the Son of the Living God and just want to celebrate Santa, giving, merriment, gaity… then call your holiday something else! …maybe Santamas or Merrymas. But don't attack and try to destory what Christmas has always been by claiming Christ is a myth. I won't attack your Santamas or Merrymas…why would I want to do that? And why would you and other atheists want to attack my celebration and belief in Christ with these huge signs. Why? Because it is a threat to you that someone would believe there is a God who will hold them accountable one day for their sin.. You don't WANT a savior. You are happy in your sin and want to keep it that way. You don't like the message, so you want the message stamped out any way you can do it. Go ahead and hang these signs everywhere across the land if you like, but you cannot snuff out the light of Christ to mankind.

Happy empty Merrymas to you! But don't call what you are celebrating Christmas.

10. Tosha Harris says:

Yes, it is truly strange for someone to not believe in something but yet they go completely out of their way to fight against it. It is more than unbelief or it would simply be ignored, but there is hatred in their hearts towards Christ and there is a biblical rason for it…I can't help but be angry when I see that ad but I will pray that Gods will be done concerning them.

God Bless

1 John 4 (King James Version)

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

11. Daniel Klembara says:

So let me explain few actually simple things:

To Rose:

If I should believe that someone died two thousand years ago and than lived i need much more than- it was written somewhere, people wrote so much rubbish so much of lies, its still going on. It doesnt impress me. For claim that there was a god on earht and made miracles i need much more than that.

About christmas. My family celebrate christmas, we have tree we eat fish. We are all atheist. Why? Cause the tradition has been passed on us, and we like it, we enjoy being together in that moment. Traditions develop change, thats what they do that is what people do evolve, change, and thats no problem with that. I will not stop celebrating it cause iam used to it. It doesnt insult my atheism at all, cause for perosnaly there wasnt any god aspect to it. And i ca call it anyhow i want. Thats the development, if we celbrating somehting for thousand years and call it christmas, and we steeply stop believe from generation to generation we can still call it christimas. There is milions of thign slike this in humans life, we call thigns with terms we alreay dont know from what came from but we use it.

To Tosha:

Yes, it is truly strange for someone to not believe in something but yet they go completely out of their way to fight against it. It is more than unbelief or it would simply be ignored, but there is hatred in their hearts towards Christ and there is a biblical rason for it…I can’t help but be angry when I see that ad but I will pray that Gods will be done concerning them.

I explained why we going against it. Cause religion is not something personal, yes it starts but where it finish, you want your perspective taken as a main perspective to manage the state.

Its really than strange for you?- you also dont believe that mohammed is our saviour and you would fight as much as you can against the spread of islma in west world. So can you just see it from our perspective for a moment. For us christianity is certainly not correct ideology to manage states and if we just ignore it you would spread as much as you can.

And there is no hatred for christ in me, and almost noone, christ is myth- he is made perfect, he is attractive idea. We dont hate attractive ideas. Dont put your thoughts to my head, christ is sympathic character for me. He might exisit, but it deosnt mean all details inculded. It doesnt mean his message about god and what is right all bad is totaly correct, it mean we should make a dogma etc.

I wonder now.. how many times you will say we hate jesus again.

And how many times you will say we love our sin so therefore we must hate jesus. And rubbish like that. If iam atheist, if iam gay atheist it doesnt mean, my mind is rotten, it doesnt mean iam lost person.

Jesus is character, based on real figure, made by humans who wish for perfection. You think i hate someone who loves everyone and would never hurt to anyone?

You really think because i dont believe him i must be sociopat? That claim can made only by fanatics.

• Tosha Harris says:

To Daniel Klembara in response to your reply to me…..no i don’t believe that Mohammed is savior but i also don’t go around posting billboards about him…i know that those who believed that he is savior are deceived,,,and muslims don’t believe he is their savior anyway they believe he was a prophet. I know for me personally that in my life I have had several prayers answered and I know in whose name I pray and these prayers could not have happend by coincidence…in the timing that they were answered…..so for me I know that Christ is not a myth….Also I don’t believe in Christ because its a tradition and everyone else believes in him so I choose to as well….I believe in him because i have searched out that truth for my self and know it to be true…now you as an atheist…..do u not believe because you have searched that out to be true for your self or are you believing what you and your atheist friends and family believe? And lets say you die as an atheist….from what I understand, i could be wrong but I have been told by some atheists they don’t believe in life after death….so from that perspective believing or not believing doesn’t matter either way….you die and its over but lets say you are wrong and you die and Christ and God are true,,then when you die with that perspective your screwed….so then what is better ….not to believe or to believe…all I am saying is that I hope you search it out for your self….I will pray that God will show you that he is true and hope you can be open to seeing truth.

12. maría says:

"There is a plan of global preaching that will state, using human reasoning and scientific evaluation, that God cannot exist, that He is just a figment of man’s imagination. This preaching is no accident for it is a well-planned and co-ordinated campaign, plotted by these atheists, whose allegiance is to the evil one, to turn the hearts of people to stone just as their own hearts are cold and unloving. Then a new substitute religion will be introduced into law"

Jesus
    Thewarningsecondcoming com

• Rose Vosburgh says:

Yes, Maria, their alligence IS to the evil one, though they are oblivious to that fact and are very quick to deny his existence, also. No God, no devil…yet unknowingly they fit right into the palm of Satan's hand, doing his bidding, preparing the world for his soon entrance into the world scene. Athetists are pawns on his chessboard, He has them right where he wants them…believing they are gods unto themselves, living as they choose without the hinderances of a belief in a Creator who will hold them accountable someday for their thoughts and actions. When you abandon God, you are automatically in the devil's camp. There is no middle ground. He is laughing as athetists mock and make fun of the idea of God. He is happy they refuse to see themselves as sinners and seek the Savior. It all plays right into his hands. Soon he will make his entrance into the world. A time of peril and judgment like the world has never known is coming. Every single prophecy of Scripture has been fulfilled completely, except those concerning the Last Days… prophecies that will be fulfilled soon. Time is running out for this old sin wrecked world. MARANATHA!

13. Daniel Klembara says:

maría #

This is in bible? You honestly believe that atheist have cold and unloving hearts? That they are empty of positive emotions towards other, and want to turn others into numb beings too.? You think we dont love our mothers, fathers, family, partners friends? You think we wish to all christians torture and death etc?

What you talking about is sociopathy, and if you honestly believe every atheist is sociopathic or someone is sociopathic only as a result of atheism you are paranoid.

I thought good chrisitan should have empathy for others, thus being able to project emotions of others into yourself. I wish all th ebest to everyone, and i hoenstly love everyone in broad meaning and love my dearest so much. If you wanna think that only christians are capable of love its your choice, but luckily it does not diminish my love for others.

• Rose Vosburgh says:

No one is forcing you or anyone else to worship or celebrate of the birth of Christ on Christmas. We do proclaim the gospel, but you are totally free to reject it. So why this expensive ad campaign to defame our beliefs? Doesn't sound loving at all to me. The message of God's love for men is distasteful, so it must be stamped out? Whatever the motive…total waste of money. Bet it cost a big chunk of change for that huge display …money that could have been better used helping some needy people…if the athetists are really such true lovers of mankind. Jusy saying…

And I wonder…why are there no huge signs during Ramadan proclaiming that Allah is just a myth? Why is it always ok to attack Christ, but Allah gets a pass. Hmmm…I think we both know the answer to that one, don't we?

14. Daniel Klembara says:

To Rose:

1.If athetists like yourself are so loving, Daniel, then why the campaign to attack Christians and defame the Christ of Christmas with these huge billboards…right in the middle of the Christmas season?

I already explained. We dont hate christians, we hate stupidity and unreason. We attack that. It the ideology what we attack. Thats the same when christians makes huge effort to persuade everyone that gays are sick and think only on sex- and you also say you do it cause you love them. Thats the comparable situation. You dissagre with gays it also does not make unloving full of hate. Thats the same with atheist. Easy to udnerstand.

2.Whatever the motive…total waste of money. Bet it cost a big chunk of change for that huge display …money that could have been better used helping some needy people…if the athetists are really such true lovers of mankind. Jusy saying…

Thats exactly what I think about when I see Saint Peter Cathedral in TV.

3.And I wonder…why are there no huge signs during Ramadan proclaiming that Allah is just a myth? Why is it always ok to attack Christ, but Allah gets a pass. Hmmm…I think we both know the answer to that one, don’t we?

I dont know if we think about the same thing but this is what i think about: If someone posted bilboards stating that mohammeds personality is myth, there would be huge demonostration all over the world, lots of violence and threatning and who knows if author wouldnt be killed

Pretty disgusting isint it?

• Maria says:

Waco! Well said. I was thinking the same thing today. It's amazing how afraid some people are and gather strength to attack those considered weak. But my strength is in my Lord, my God, my Saviour: Jesus Christ
      Merry Christmas
      P.S. I would love for these atheist to go after those who made the grammatical rule of using capital H when using the pronoun to only refer to God. After that go after the ones to come up with B.C. And A.D. Hummmm so much attention centered around Him. I wonder why? What I find interesting is when I hear an atheist confronting the slow death of his/her child and the first words that come out are "Oh my God, please help me." These words always come out when science, doctors, or medicine can't explain the lose of a loved one. That sign in Times Square only proves how ignorant and one track min you all are. Have you noticed how Santa has been used by companies to market all the idiots like yourselves by louring you to stores buying gifts that most can't even afford? Have you noticed that it is no longer about the true meaning of Christmas, it's about how much you spend on the gifts, the parties, the drinking, etc. have you noticed the madness in the malls with people fighting over parking spaces? Have you noticed how most American spoiled brats want more and more and more and how so many parents give in to $250 technology gifts? Have you noticed kids no longer volunteering in hospitals, soup kitchens, etc. Look around and you'll see how a lot is related to people turning away from God. As for N.Y. And those who got a big fat check from the commission of the sign, pray, pray, don't stop praying. There is cause and effect for everything and Sandy is mild next to what is coming our way this winter. And I'll hear all of you atheist crying, "Oh my God, please help us." The difference between other Gods and my living God is that He will listen and forgive you, and of course continue loving you.

• Maria says:

Wao! Well said. I was thinking the same thing today. It's amazing how afraid some people are and gather strength to attack those considered weak. But my strength is in my Lord, my God, my Saviour: Jesus Christ
      Merry Christmas

• Rose Vosburgh says:

Yes, if Mohammed or Allah were being defamed in a huge poster in Times Square right now (rather than Christ), for sure there would have been lots of violent outbursts, perhaps some bombings, drive-by shootings, suicide bombers causing death to many….maybe even a few beheadings! It would be pandemonium…no doubt about it! Now doesn't that tell you something? Jesus is easy to attack and Christians easy to make fun of, aren't they?…Because true Christians will not respond with violence since we try to follow Christ's example. But, judgment day IS coming. Christ will return just as He said…but not as the Gentle Lamb of God as He came the first time. When he comes next time, He will come with great power and pour out His righteous holy wrath out on all who have rejected Him..Not now…but soon. And it will be Jesus bringing the judgment not His followers…unlike the followers of Allah. He waits patiently loving all men, giving them more time to repent and turn to Him as Savior before He comes as a the holy, righteous Judge of all the world.

You call Christians stupid and reasonable because they will not accept the sin of homosexuality. That is at the core of all of your complaint. We believe what the Bible teaches on that matter and what it teaches about all kinds of sin. Unless you forsake your sin, turn from it, and trust in the Savior, you will perish in your sins and spend an eternity…forever and forever…in hell. That sounds so unloving, but God has standards that He will not lower for you or anyone else. He is HOLY. Our message is one of love…God loves you and sent His Son to save you If you forsake your sin. I had to forsake my sin to be saved. We are all sinners…regardless of what our particular sins are…we are all in the same boat. But God loved us and provided a way to be saved.

You hate that message and want to stamp it out, but it has been tried before and can't be done. I will proclaim it even if athetists someday put me in jail or take my life in some horrible way…I will tell you the truth with my dying breath…You are a sinner..not only because of homosexuality, but because of all the sins you, like anyone of us, commits on a daily basis. We are all sinners…regardless of what the sins are. The remedy is found in Christ alone.

• Rose Vosburgh says:

Now you bring up St. Peters…a straw man agrument to shift attention off the matter at hand… atheists wasting money attacking Christians. Well, ok, we can look at that a minute. St. Peters belongs to the Catholic Church not to Christians. I was a Catholic many years before I became a Christian so I know about all opulance of their churches and cathedrals. Catholicism is an apostate religion calling itself Christianity, but it does not teach the true gospel of salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone,though the Holy Scripture alone, to the glory of God alone. It is a works based religion which can save no one and is not true Christianity.This is evident in the abuses of Catholicism over many centuries. Many very sincere religious people are involved in it, as I once was,but they are deceived by a false gospel.

But, despite the problems with the Catholic Church, it has done more to allievate the suffering of the poor and needy around the world than any athetist group I have ever heard about. People who believe they are accountable to God reach out to help others. There are many 100's of Christian relief organizations, large and small, that are presently meeting needs worldwide. Sure, there may be a few athetists groups out there doing something, but no where near the number of Christian outreaches…no where near the impact. Their waste of money fighting against God could be put to better use if they are truly such lovers of mankind. Why can't you just admit that?

From a Barna Group Study:

"The typical no-faith American donated just $200 in 2006, which is more than seven times less than the amount contributed by the prototypical active-faith adult ($1500). Even when church-based giving is subtracted from the equation, active-faith adults donated twice as many dollars last year as did atheists and agnostics. In fact, while just 7% of active-faith adults failed to contribute any personal funds in 2006, that compares with 22% among the no-faith adults."

Now don't come back at me with the large amounts of money donated to causes by ultra rich people like Buffet, Gates, and others. We are talking about regular day to day people here. There are similar studies that show the same results over and over.
      'A comprehensive study by Harvard University professor Robert Putnam found that religious people are more charitable than their irreligious counterparts. The study revealed that forty percent of worship service attending Americans volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly as opposed to 15% of Americans who never attend services'

ABC News reported the following:

“ …the single biggest predictor of whether someone will be charitable is their religious participation. Religious people are more likely to give to charity, and when they give, they give more money: four times as much. And Arthur Brooks told me that giving goes beyond their own religious organization:

"Actually, the truth is that they're giving to more than their churches," he says. "The religious Americans are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly non-religious charities.

15. Daniel Klembara says:

To Maria:

1.Wao! Well said. I was thinking the same thing today. It’s amazing how afraid some people are and gather strength to attack those considered weak. But my strength is in my Lord, my God, my Saviour: Jesus Christ
    Merry Christmas

So do some big move with your name. Go and risk your life not talk about how you could do it.. that very different

2.What I find interesting is when I hear an atheist confronting the slow death of his/her child and the first words that come out are “Oh my God, please help me.”

I ill explain to you. I use oh my god very often. But i can assure you there is not a little belief inside me, nor it mean that in panic i repel. Its just a word formation for me. As for milions atheists.

3.That sign in Times Square only proves how ignorant and one track min you all are. Have you noticed how Santa has been used by companies to market all the idiots like yourselves by louring you to stores buying gifts that most can’t even afford? Have you noticed that it is no longer about the true meaning of Christmas, it’s about how much you spend on the gifts, the parties, the drinking, etc. have you noticed the madness in the malls with people fighting over parking spaces? Have you noticed how most American spoiled brats want more and more and more and how so many parents give in to $250 technology gifts? Have you noticed kids no longer volunteering in hospitals, soup kitchens, etc. Look around and you’ll see how a lot is related to people turning away from God. As for N.Y. And those who got a big fat check from the commission of the sign, pray, pray, don’t stop praying. There is cause and effect for everything and Sandy is mild next to what is coming our way this winter. And I’ll hear all of you atheist crying,

Iam not American.

• Rose Vosburgh says:

Doesn't matter whether you are American or not. The whole world is under the judgment of God because of sin and the rejection of His Son as their Savior. What goes on all over the world at Christmas time is a reflection and confirmation of that.

"I use oh my god very often. But i can assure you there is not a little belief inside me, nor it mean that in panic i repel. Its just a word formation for me. As for milions atheists"

That doesn't make a bit of sense to me. People deny His existence, but the minute something tragic occurs that rends their hearts in two…what do we hear coming out of their mouths…'Oh my G–'. Ignore Him, defame Him, say He doesn't exist, but then let something bad happen and guess who gets the blame? The words just slip out because in their hearts they DO know He exists…they just don't want to acknowlegde Him unless to blame and to use their tragic circumstance as another excuse for not believing in Him and harden their hearts further.

But, let's get to the heart of the matter. When an unthinkable tragedy does occur, where is your comfort, your strength to get you through it. If you can't muster that all up within youself and friends, family and grief counselors come up short in meeting those needs, where do you turn? Many without hope turn to suicide. For the Christian, no matter what may come, we know that God is good, that He is in control of all things, even when we don't understand and that He is working it all for good in His time. We trust that He knows what is best and have the hope of eternal life with Him one day. There is great and wonderful comfort in knowing that the Sovereign God of love rules over the world despite the hardships we often face.

16. Tosha Harris says:

To Daniel Klembara in response to your reply to me…..no i don't believe that Mohammed is savior but i also don't go around posting billboards about him…i know that those who believed that he is savior are deceived,,,and muslims don't believe he is their savior anyway they believe he was a prophet. I know for me personally that in my life I have had several prayers answered and I know in whose name I pray and these prayers could not have happend by coincidence…in the timing that they were answered…..so for me I know that Christ is not a myth….Also I don't believe in Christ because its a tradition and everyone else believes in him so I choose to as well….I believe in him because i have searched out that truth for my self and know it to be true…now you as an atheist…..do u not believe because you have searched that out to be true for your self or are you believing what you and your atheist friends and family believe? And lets say you die as an atheist….from what I understand, i could be wrong but I have been told by some atheists they don't believe in life after death….so from that perspective believing or not believing doesn't matter either way….you die and its over but lets say you are wrong and you die and Christ and God are true,,then when you die with that perspective your screwed….so then what is better ….not to believe or to believe…all I am saying is that I hope you search it out for your self….I will pray that God will show you that he is true and hope you can be open to seeing truth.

17. Daniel Klembara says:

To Tosha:

1.To Daniel Klembara in response to your reply to me…..no i don’t believe that Mohammed is savior but i also don’t go around posting billboards about him…i

You would support such a activity when moslims would wanted put sharia law over everyone- just as you wnat to control lifes of atheist on the point of same sex unions.

2.and muslims don’t believe he is their savior anyway they believe he was a prophet

Not comparably with christ, but the good example and teaching saves you from ignorance.

3. know for me personally that in my life I have had several prayers answered and I know in whose name I pray and these prayers could not have happend by coincidence…in the timing that they were answered…..so for me I know that Christ is not a myth….

if you pray everday one day something good will happend- thats matter of statistics. Did you hear any voice i mean audiable? does a real mirracle happend like a new limb growing etc? Its only a interpretation, but you can think what you want thats your right.

4.u not believe because you have searched that out to be true for your self or are you believing what you and your atheist friends and family believe?

I was teached by my family to never beleive something just because other things so. I was tought to doubt and look for truth as honest as i can. Atheism is result of this feature.

5.And lets say you die as an atheist….from what I understand, i could be wrong but I have been told by some atheists they don’t believe in life after death….so from that perspective believing or not believing doesn’t matter either way….you die and its over but lets say you are wrong and you die and Christ and God are true,,then when you die with that perspective your screwed….so then what is better ….not to believe or to believe…all I am saying is that I hope you search it out for your self….I will pray that God will show you that he is true and hope you can be open to seeing truth.

Well thats easy to explain. I think the most probable is that there will be nothing, but it doesnt makes me scared cause this nothing is very different to the one people imagine a lot. Real nothing is absence of existence and sinco no existence no loneliness, i will be never without my loved ones- cause i will not be.

And i dont know for you its maybe easy but i can not honestly believe in something just because iam afraid of death. Thats the reason why the religion is here in a first place fear of death.

I also dont find it logical to believe cause you can not loose anything, this statement can be made only by believer- i think you can loose alot. If you consider there is only one limited and short life its very important to spend it wisely and to the fullest- spending precious time for living in lie and infect your mind with ideology- i beleive that any ideology steals mind from the wealth.

And its religion ideology- just open eyes you never seen god, you got all from book, and form interpretations of spiritual experiences- what is subjective impression and that does not make true truth.

• Tosha Harris says:

Daniel…I do not believe in Christ because I fear death…I don't fear death at all..but not one of us sitting here speaking has experienced death yet so I was just saying for an athiest,…it would be wiser to believe.,….your chances are better….if there is nothing then it doesnt matter….but if there is a God then your in huge trouble for denying him…..so the odds are in better favor for belief….but anyway Christians don't believe for that reason but for one who doesnt believe ….that reason should start you our thinking hmmmm….what if I am wrong….if I am wrong and you are right…then I have nothing to lose…..if I am right and you are wrong you have everything to lose……you may want to just step back from yourself for a moment and know that you are not always correct on everything…..and there is a possibility of there being a God….maybe you have to open yourself up to that possibility and you might learn another truth….I will tell you something that happened to me about a year ago…..I was with a jerk of a guy at that time…..and was in a domestic violence situation….I had to go to the police station to take pictures…..needles to say I did not want to take pictures with my face looking the way it did….it is very humiliating for a woman to have a black eye and then on top of it have to take a picture that way….well anyway I was sitting there in line waiting to have my picture taken…there were about 6 people ahead of me also taking pictures…i was just praying and praying over and over as I sat there…Father, please dont let me have to take this picture in the name of Jesus…and I prayed this over and over as the people in front of me had their pics taken….well as I prayed each person went…one by one….till the last person to go before me went up to take a pic and all of a sudden….the officer taking the pics said what just happend….i looked up……the officer couldnt believe it….the camera broke right there….something happened to it.,….he said that was very strange and had never happened before….it wouldnt take anymore pics,….just malfunctioned right then and there and wouldn't work further….well i didn't have to take my picture that way and I just prayed thank you so much to God and Christ because I knew my prayer was answered there on the spot…in the space of about 10 min…..as long as it took the 6 people in front of me to take their pics…..and that is no coincidence…..the officers couldn;t even believe it ….they were in complete shock and had never seen that happen before….and I have had many prayers answered in my life in the timing that I needed them answered…so this is one of the big reasons why I believe….not because I read something in a book…….I have read the Bhagavad Gita (Hindu Bible), Koran, among many other religious manuscripts and I only believe one…and that is because I have searched that truth out for myself…not because anyone told me to or not to believe…or this one is correct or that one….but because I have searched and have prayed and been answered…there are many reasons why I believe and none have to do with a fear of death….I prayed yesterday that God will show you some way that he is real….just smack you in the face with it… 🙂 not in a harsh way but I mean let you know and know for sure and that you will be open enough to search it out from there….I will continue to pray that for you…and maybe someday you can be a major blessing to your unbelieving family….I have no hatred toward athiests I just hate for anyone to be left out of the promise that God offers to humans if they believe and love him. And will you deny that the wind exists because you cant see it?….if you uncover your skin you feel it…..The same with God…if you open your mind and eyes…you will see.

18. Daniel Klembara says:

To Rose:

1.Doesn’t matter whether you are American or not. The whole world is under the judgment of God because of sin and the rejection of His Son as their Savior. What goes on all over the world at Christmas time is a reflection and confirmation of that.

I was talking about your disgust with christmas- iam not american. Iam from Europe here we are not crazy for coca cola just cause you put santa drinking it. In one of your post you were trying to show me how our christmas are deeply commercial etc. Its huge responsibilty of america- deal it yourself dont blame me for it. Look what your country did with movie industry, culture industry- all reallity shows, cheap action movies, cleebrity bussines everything is america invent.

2.That doesn’t make a bit of sense to me. People deny His existence, but the minute something tragic occurs that rends their hearts in two…what do we hear coming out of their mouths…’Oh my G–’. Ignore Him, defame Him, say He doesn’t exist, but then let something bad happen and guess who gets the blame? The words just slip out because in their hearts they DO know He exists…they just don’t want to acknowlegde Him unless to blame and to use their tragic circumstance as another excuse for not believing in Him and harden their hearts further.

I can resAsure you atheist do not believe in a god, even deep inside. You talk abotu two things:
    1. phrase- oh my god- what serve as tents of other phrases which we really does not think about what is inside or how do they come from.

2. Now the situation when something tragic ocurs- you think thats the proof that god is looking for everybody? Thats a good proof for you? So lets disccus this for a moment:
    In the traumatic situation of a loss or on the death bed many people switch their mind setting to the god- or they just close eyes and think please go god, if you are there help me you know iam not a bad person- they do it cause of hopelessness, of not being able to control situation, fear as well- this is why gods are here in a first place cause our lifes are uncontrollable, If someone think of god in a bad situation it does not show that god exist, its just show the effect of culture- that we are two thousands years under christian effect, when people dont know what to do anymore they catch anything- maybe there is something right in what so many people believe. So this is a sort of a argument or what? Or death bed changin gof mind- you would call it proof of god? Its an example of origin of religion- not knowing, uncertaninty, loss of controle. Thats what god is for me- inside we all desperatly want having parent even when we grow up, we want be sure there will be everything allright, and than our biggest fear- fear of death- even when i close eyes and imagine there is someone who cares of me and that all will be allright- this thought is so attractive, i can imagine that puts the benzine to the religious fire.

3.Yes, if Mohammed or Allah were being defamed in a huge poster in Times Square right now (rather than Christ), for sure there would have been lots of violent outbursts, perhaps some bombings, drive-by shootings, suicide bombers causing death to many….maybe even a few beheadings! It would be pandemonium…no doubt about it! Now doesn’t that tell you something? Jesus is easy to attack and Christians easy to make fun of, aren’t they?…Because true Christians will not respond with violence since we try to follow Christ’s example

Iam living now in Indonesia- 80 percent of people are moslems. What we talking about is pro islamic lobby. But any regular moslem would tell you that its out of a their believes to act childishly with hot head. There is no real difference in behaviour and morals between regular modern moslem and christian, i see it every day:

4.You call Christians stupid and reasonable because they will not accept the sin of homosexuality. That is at the core of all of your complaint.

Not at all, again why you always must input your thoughts into my head. There will be always missunderstandning and paranoia if you will speak like that. First of all i dont beleive on sin, than we dont talk about homosexualtiy now i just use it as an example of the subject where christians what to make law according their beliefs thats all, but we speak about arrogance or insult and right for speech issue. Gay issue is not core of my all messages.

I know you believe but i do not. I love my partner and want to undergo parntership union.

5. That sounds so unloving, but God has standards that He will not lower for you or anyone else. He is HOLY. Our message is one of love…God loves you and sent His Son to save you If you forsake your sin. I had to forsake my sin to be saved. We are all sinners…regardless of what our particular sins are…we are all in the same boat. But God loved us and provided a way to be saved.

You think if you write holy in big letters it wil lmake inpression on me- all these you write for me so i will open my eyes? Many people tell me just read the books there is a magic in them it will show you. But this the magic? Fanatical self circulating thoughts? It does not turn me to belief, its higly repeling.

6.You hate that message and want to stamp it out, but it has been tried before and can’t be done. I will proclaim it even if athetists someday put me in jail or take my life in some horrible way…I will tell you the truth with my dying breath…You are a sinner..not only because of homosexuality, but because of all the sins you, like anyone of us, commits on a daily basis. We are all sinners…regardless of what the sins are. The remedy is found in Christ alone.

Thats the things atheist are repelled by- fanatism. We are talking about exchanging opinons, and you imdiately must go to the jail and being tortured,and simmilar pathetic sentimental explosions of emotions. If you think like that, there will be forever wall between us, we dotn hate christians we hate stupidity. We dont want to kill all christians.We dont want to stamp on your message we simply show its myth, thats all. For you is stamping i can understand that. But you must also udnerstand we do by what we consider right- pointing on untrue is considered high moral in atheistic tradition. Thats what we do all by our honesty. But please stop making devils from us, that is fanatism. Even if iam gay atheist it doesnt mean all day i watch porn molest young boys. steal thigns from shop and having partner just for sex. This is the sort of scary attitude of religion.

7.Now you bring up St. Peters…a straw man agrument to shift attention off the matter at hand… atheists wasting money attacking Christians. Well, ok, we can look at that a minute. St. Peters belongs to the Catholic Church not to Christians.

I didnt know you are not catholic. But still tis comparable situation- i didnt put a penny on that bilboards either- it sno tmy bilboard.

But still it was financed by someone and i dont mind that. Someone who earn money can do whatever he wants, it snothing bad about it.

And on the other side, i read the survey on the same issue and the results were totaly oppostite- it stated that atheistic people are much more likely to give a money on a street to a person etc.

But still i wont make any statements. Why anyway?I do not trust in charities nor i have any real money.

19. Rose Vosburgh says:

I have tried again and again to have a rational discussion with you Daniel, but you continually twist the things I say. I give you statistics on the comparison of giving between atheists and Christians and you just claim to have read other studies that say differently without giving reference to those studies. You claim Christianity is stupidity and then you chide me for saying that you called Christians stupid. If someone believes in stupidity…they are stupid, right? You want to have your cake and eat it too. So we believe in stupid religious ideas, but according to you, you do not mean that we are really stupid?…Makes no sense…You are talking in circles.

You claim there is no difference between the morals and behavior of Islamists and Christians. I think your country is one where Christians are being persecuted quite severely right now, so your statement surprises me. How many Christians are out murdering people today in your country? Since 2001, Muslims have murdered over 20,000 people worldwide and the total continues to raise as we speak…horrific murders..some too gruesome to even speak about. Are you aware of how Muslims treat homosexuals? Believe me, they have zero tolerance of that lifestyle and do horrible things to people they find engaging in it. Perhaps the Muslims in Indonesia are more tolerant at this point in time than in other Muslim countries. But the more Shira law is enacted around the world, the greater and harsher the persecution of both Christians AND homosexuals will be. Just wait and see…time will prove me right.

Why are you here, Daniel.?..just to stir up controversary and argue with people? If your mind is made up and you are happy in your beliefs/lifestyle and don't want to even consider the possibility that you could be wrong, maybe it is time for you to move on.

20. Daniel Klembara says:

To Rose:

You put it succesfully into the circle. It wasnt there. I know many people who are very inteligent and believers. Since religion is for me untrue, believing in it its stupidity for me. But that doesnt make complex personality stupid as a whole. Its a stupidity on different level.

No i didnt said there is no difference between christians and islamists- i said there is no difference between common christians and common moslems. I am living in moslem house now, and iam more than welcomed. I dont know where you took christians are heavily persecuted, never were in this country. There were some killings mostly from radical moslems towards innocent christians, moslems, atheists, but also some from christians towards moslems. But overaly speaking these people live in respect. Even president- moslem celebrate christmas as a gesto towards tolerance.

Iam aware. And thats what often makes me sad, these countries never had intolerance against gays inherited, it all came from religion. As moslem as christian. About Sharia law- thats not quaran, thats separate document, and milions of moslem does not care about it.

Why are you here, Daniel.?..just to stir up controversary and argue with people? If your mind is made up and you are happy in your beliefs/lifestyle and don’t want to even consider the possibility that you could be wrong, maybe it is time for you to move on.

Its really not very pleasant to argue with people, comming here and finding quick opinions about my personality like: atheist are full of hate, they refuse the light and choose the devil or relationships of gays are only about sex. It makes me dying inside loosing belief in common sense of people, it makes me being afraid of future, while there is a world full of positivly enthusiastic people it seems extremely hard for some to understand the emotions of others. I try to understand how easy can ideology close eyes to otherwise obvious things. Like people here saying just because someone is atheist he is full of hate. That is seriously scary.

It happend to me so many times that i ended up in company of someone, who as fast imaginary executed asians- they have nothing to do in our country, or gays: they just want to sex, its unatural soon everybody will be gay and people will excint.

Its very hard to be always pointed on, always must something to hide, and listen thigns you yourself- me myself knows its not true, just keep your head down and dont show it.

I would wish so much you all understood that atheists are not full of hate, they just think different and gays have deep relationship. And in the same time iam angry cause you can never accept it just cause its written in book, in book which tell its never fails. Even i know from my everyday life that its wrong on some points. Its scary. And while my mind is totaly made up it doesnt matter much. My freedom as freedom of everyone is fragile thing. If gays and atheist didnt fight for it i wouldnt be able to have at least what i have with my partner. And it can turn back. Like in my birth country where i want to return with my partner. And can not make partnership union what would secure wisa, because of christian party in parlament. I am here cause i want to do my small to help the thing i believe in. Here it maybe wont change anything, but thats start, i have need to express my opinion. With that we are on same boat 🙂

21. Daniel Klembara says:

To Tosha:

1. You expecting this?:
    Iam an atheist, i use my brain. I dont see any significant possiblity for bible or other religion books to be true, i dont see reason for gods to exists. I use all i have to assume that. But just cause christian god says if you dont believe in me you i will suffer in eternity i decide as the wisest move for me to forget all my first and real assumptions and jump on this particular god?

For us wise is to start beleive in something when there is an evidence for it. How it could be wise to start beleive in god just cause because it could be benefical in scenario we atheists think there is a little chance for ?

2. If god is supossed to be wisest, i dont believe he would act like a jealous kid. Believe in me or be tortured! But if he is unwise and demand us to supress our honset feelings and our reason, and jealous too. I want to rebel against him. My mother is just a human but capable of much more uncoditional love.

3.you say:
    so the odds are in better favor for belief…

As i said before. Realizing that this life is only one time existing, push us to live to the fullest. Living in truth is important for me and i dont want to spend my life thinking that someone listens to my mind. Or overwatch my action. Or desperatly trying to put everything that happens to me or in world around to the connection with supernatural myth.

If god is not true how many people sacrifaced their thinking freedom just to gain nothing after death? On the otherhand, if i will go to hell just cause i dont believe it will happend because iam honest with what i see and feel. I still prefer the second case even i dont believe it will happend.

4.Most important thing and thign i will never understand: How can be disbelief punishable? You can not demand belief, belief is something honest, something that even one can not fake infront of himself. You can not ask for belief you must earn it. I believe if there is a god that is a wisest

5.About your story Iam very sorry for the abuse that happend to you. But!

…But this happens to me often – whithout praying, but i know you will want to say god is so ncie even to atheists. Accident. Accident is not proof of anything. You didnt see a god finger touching the camera did you? Or hearing voice- real voice not your thoughts- saying you: i wil handle it dont worry.

Something happend when you wished to. All other abput god listening to you is your interpretation. Bilions of people pray everyday- and sometimes thigns happend as they prayed. Its a statistic. If you everyday ask something good to happend to you, one day it will happend, even more times it will happend. Than you will say that is the god! When god does not seem to answer you you will say: he just waiting for right moment, or its not right time to this to happend, or even when you pray and something bad to oyu happend? You will say: he jsut testing me, he wants to train my strenght. Lets be honest, anything that happens even nothing, all can be interpreted somehow by using god.

I know it happend when you were emotional and when you needed it, but accidents happens. And its very tempting to think there is someone who watch over us- cause we are burden by unsecurity, and with this desilusion it just flows away, and only warm security stay- that is believe in god for me. Its also huge deal of paranoia, seeing god everywhere. When you saw a god really him, not people, not trees, not animals not good things. When you saw him. When you experienced something that could never happend without supernatural explenation.

Milions of people are praying cause of sickness. Lot of them will die- god wanted them. Some wil surive- god protected them…
    But to be honest to me and other atheist its just smell by desillusion. If the camera didnt broke, and you would have to take a photo it could lead to another line of events which in the end you would say: i felt so embarassed i wished that camera would broke but god showed me where i sno guilty there is no embarassment. Or whatever… Its your interpretation.

6.You expalining me the power of pray. But what about people that dont pray. Dont even beleive in god and are so succesful and happy persons? Does the god listen to just prays or wish of all people? Why god intervie in your case while it was important for you at the moment, but not really as important as the abuse you got? Why he didnt put his figner there? Or why he does not listen to prayings of so many people suffering without no reasons. We all knwo the stories of tortured people, or even kids. God seems to care sometimes about what you got for breakfest but not for real huge suffering, pain and fight of innocent victims.

7.I will continue to pray that for you…and maybe someday you can be a major blessing to your unbelieving family….I have no hatred toward athiests I just hate for anyone to be left out of the promise that God offers to humans if they believe and love him. And will you deny that the wind exists because you cant see it?….if you uncover your skin you feel it…..The same with God…if you open your mind and eyes…you will see.

I see from this you are a good person. I value your goodwill. Even if its something i consider mind consuming…

• Tosha Harris says:

Yes I am a good person, I don't hate anyone for believing different from the way I believe but I just wish that all can have the promise of God and also that Christ would get the love that he deserves from all. And I have been praying for you, I will continue to pray for you even if you don't believe, I will be in hopes that one day you will. One thing I want to say is in response to the prayer being luck is just that I know it is not….I have prayed many many things and they have been answered in correct and adequate timing….if you were to look up the statistics on the chances of those things happening in the manner and timing that they do…..the statistics of it being mere chance or luck are astronomical….so I just know that that is God…..also about bad things happening and why does God not help in those situations……he does….but we are human and sometimes we don't heed warnings…..from the beginning I knew not to be with that guy but every red flag that was brought to my attention i overlooked because I thought I loved him…..love is blind sometimes…..you stay when you know you should go…….people have free will and God wont step in to over ride that….that is the point of being human…..to test our will….will we follow his will or will we follow the will of another…..kind of like energy…..there is positive and negative…..just as everything in life all the way up to God and Satan….our test is what do we follow…positive or negative….bad will happen in this world as long as satan and his negative nature exists….God can comfort us through things and he can also guide us and show us what situations to avoid in order to not have to suffer but if we dwell in wrong places then it is bound to happen……I just mean to say that many times in life we are given warnings of many things and we either choose to head those warnings or not and usually if we don't and we are aware some time down the road something bad will happen and we will say if I only would have done that this wouldn't have happened and the whole while we knew what to do but we didn't listen…..The Holy Spirit guides those who listen and that is his way of helping but God wont over ride our free will…Another thing….I know it may seem easier to say there is no God because our lifestyle may disagree with his word but that is not the correct approach to take….every human has or has had some sort of sin in their lives at some point or another….that is the whole reason Christ died for us all and he can change us to be positive instead of negative……in our choices…in our thinking….in our desires……Another thing I want to share with you…..and I promise you these are true stories. There was a christian lady who went to foreign country to try and convert the people to christianity….this lady had brown hair and blue eyes…..I'm not sure which country it was that she went to but all the people in that place had brown hair and brown eyes….and they didn't like people with blue eyes for some reason…..well this woman though how will she witness to these people because they will just look at her and hate her for her appearance and not listen to a word that she had to say…..well the woman arrived in the country went to the hotel she was staying at and began to prepare for what she would say to the people the next day….in preparing her testimony she began to pray…..she prayed to God that if he would please change her eyes from blue to brown she could easily tell the people about Christ and they would recieve her and her message well….well later that night she went to bed prayed again to have brown eyes…..well the next morning that woman woke up….her eyes were brown……she had blue eyes her whole life until that next morning…..she went out and converted many people to christianity…but my point is some things really are no coincidence…they are granted by a much higher power than ourselves and that is God and Christ…..one other thing quickly….{I can get long winded 🙂 } But there was a village in a muslim country….all the citizens of the village were muslim…..well on the same exact night all the people of this village had the same dream on the same night….they all dreamed of Christ that night and the next day the whole village converted to Christianity….Just some things are to specific to be chance…..a whole village wont all dream of Christ on the same night and all of them the next morning are Christian…….this is the work of God not chance….also me and my exhusband did that one night….we both had the same exact dream on the same exact night and in that dream Christ was speaking to us and showing us something…also that same night i was laying on my side and I could hear someone speaking in my ear that was facing up…..it sounded aloud like it was in the room with me but it was not english…i couldnt understand the language….i was so scared i was paralyzed i couldnt move i couldnt scream i couldnt do anything ….and then i heard it say….dont be afraid, just listen…..and twice it said dont be afraid just listen…then i could hear the strange language again…..well it was funny cause me and my ex slept back to back that night…..me laying on my right side….him on his left…..the next morning he told me that he heard the same thing in his ear that was facing up and i couldnt believe it….we both heard that speaking in our ears as well as both dreaming the same dream with Christ showing us something in that dream……no one can convince me that things like this are chance…..I know some things in life are chance but there are other things that arent and to simply dismiss miraculous events as chance is denial…I will continue to pray that God and Christ reveal themselves to you so that you will know and love them and give them the respect that they deserve and that you may receive blessings and miracles from them…..I hope that you will let me know if you ever start to wonder if the possibility of God is true or if you experience some things that start to at least make you wonder. Also I want to ask a favor of you, if you would do it. I want you to just put all your beliefs aside for one week, don't believe and don't not believe…just go into it unknowing…..say God if you are real then show me, and let me know in my own way, and see if you get some sort of answer…..but ask it really asking it, not thinking its nonsense with an unbelieving heart but just unknowing like a little child….of course it would work better if you went in with a believing heart but that may be too much to ask of an unbeliever so I just ask that you go in with no preconcieved thinkings….I hope you will do this just as an experiment and let me know how it turns out….I will continue to pray for you and I hope you keep in touch.

• Penelope says:

Atheists..Just celebrate it your holiday..April fool's day..stop trying to change what belongs to others..you don't believe?. .good for u..get a life already

22. cecilia says:

I believe the atheist really believe in Jesus otherwise they wouldn't argue or make such a big deal about him. And for all I know the atheist is doing the Devils work. They have Satan in them. Anyone that keeps bringing down the Christians and the Catholics , and keeps trying to get God's name off of public places is doing the Devils work. I believe in God, Jesus, Mary, and all the Saints.

23. Jerry says:

I normally do all my shopping in the time square area but I will be traveling out of town this year to finish up, and returning the items I already purchased locally and I ask all to do the same. If the people of time square do not want to believe in the reason for the season, then let them not profit from the season either. Yet I bet they will be the first ones up to enjoy the holiday off of work.