“Do you ever feel like Jesus has been kidnapped by the Christian Right and discarded by the Secular Left?” Let me guess: Progressives to the rescue? This is a question posed in Saving Jesus Redux, a new video series brought to you by Brian McLaren and other voices. It’s a 12-session small group DVD that teaches us the “exploration of a credible Jesus for the third millennium.” Here is the promotional video. I am particularly fascinated by the idea that the virgin birth somehow takes her power and sexuality as a woman away. Oh, and Jesus never said anything about people going to Hell or that God was ever an angry God. Did you know that? Well, you will if you get sucked into these conversations:
The speaker lineup reads like a Who’s Who of the progressive camp. You’ll hear a lot of voices and questions, but I’m guessing no one will crack open a Bible to see what the text actually says about Jesus.
- Brian McLaren’s UK Book Tour Will Focus on Interfaith Relations (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Letter to the Editor: Saddened at Lighthouse Trails’ Approach – “please do not reject all other traditions” (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- How to spot the “Emergent” trends in your church (standupforthetruth.com)
- Brian McLaren officiates son’s gay wedding (standupforthetruth.com)
- Reinventing Christianity: Emergence and Relevance (pilgrimpassing.com)
- While God is Smeared. What Angers Us Most? (standupforthetruth.com)