Are we the Church praying for the situation in the Middle East? As we woke up today, strikes flew across the Gaza border in rapid succession as Israel responded to an onslaught of militant rocket attacks by targeting “terror sites.” The sudden increase in violence has raised fears of a widening conflict that could lead to an Israeli ground assault.
Our guest in the first segment is Jim Fletcher, a writer, researcher, speaker and director of Prophecy Matters. He is also a member of the executive committee of the National Christian Leadership Conference for Israel (NCLCI), and author of It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine). He writes online for WorldNetDaily; Beliefnet; American Family Association; the Jerusalem Post; and Rapture Ready. His latest post, Permanent War, is about the attacks on Israel and the city he loves.
Jim says that after a century of liberal theology infecting our seminaries, the stage is set for the Great Falling Way: apostasy in the Church. As foretold in Scripture, certain men have crept into the Church, with devastating consequences for the American Christian community, that confirms the visible Evangelical Church is awash in apostasy.
- Three Israelis killed by rocket attack as Gaza conflict erupts (standard.co.uk)
- Rocket Attacks, Airstrikes Resume After Israeli Fire Kills Top Hamas Leader – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- All That Jazz (standupforthetruth.com)
- Progressive Christians Use the Bible to Promote Abortion (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- A lurch to the left: The church turned upside-down (standupforthetruth.com)
- How to spot the “Emergent” trends in your church (standupforthetruth.com)