Today is an exercise in clarity, or lack thereof. When strong and well-known Christian leaders are invited to speak in a secular public venue about truth, what they say about Jesus, sin, grace, God and the Bible are important.
We’re going to compare and contrast two popular Christian leaders — Pastor Joel Osteen and Pastor John MacArthur — to find out how they represented the Christian faith before millions of viewers on Larry King.
In our first segment, we’re joined by Julaine Appling of Wisconsin Family Action to talk with us about why it is still important to stand for truth and be clear. Julaine is a fierce advocate for marriage, family, life and liberty.
The education arm of this organization is Wisconsin Family Council, and here Julaine works to forward Judeo-Christian principles and values by informing citizens, churches and policymakers about important pro-family legislative and cultural issues so they will be inspired to get involved in preserving and strengthening marriage and family in Wisconsin.
- Author and Pastor Max Lucado to Preach at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church (donotbesurprised.com)
- ‘Staying in His Lane’ – Joel Osteen’s Gospel of Affirmation without Salvation (albertmohler.com)
- Rick Warren and Joel Osteen Join Hands With Oprah (solasisters.blogspot.com)
- Joel Osteen Pressed on Homosexuality; Says He Didn’t ‘Choose to Be Straight’ (christianpost.com)
- Days After Interview with Osteen and Warren, Oprah Winfrey Reveals She Is Inspired by Sufism (christianresearchnetwork.org)