These days people look at those who value biblical doctrine as extremists. Some churches have even said they are prioritizing the experiential over doctrine. So what exactly is doctrine?
Doctrine isn’t just DOs and DON’Ts; it’s understanding the character and nature of God. It’s adjusting to what IS, rather than what you want it to be. There are attributes and qualities that belong to God. And yet it is now very common to see stories of Christians deciding to embrace spirituality without what they call “dogmatic teachings in religious settings.”
Joining us is Dave Wager. Dave is the author of several books and the president of Silver Birch Ranch and Nicolet Bible College in northern Wisconsin. Dave is also the president of a ministry called The Omega Force, a catalyst that helps Christians learn the Word of God through college-level courses that anyone can take online.
- Loopholes and Legalism: Where is Grace? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Walking a fine line without compromise (standupforthetruth.com)
- To know Him is to love Him (standupforthetruth.com)
- How Pastors Allow the Sheep in their Congregation to be Torn Apart by Wolves (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- The Silence of the Pulpits (americanthinker.com)
- Exploring a new kind of Christianity (standupforthetruth.com)
- Love wins, one year later (thecripplegate.com)