Do you know what Blessed Subtraction means? Does your church practice this?
Church discipline is not about piling dead bodies behind the church. It is about redemption and restoration. But if your church follows the Purpose-Driven business model of “vision casting,” then what do you do with those who oppose, question or challenge the vision? That person must be cast out! He or she must be put off the bus or run beneath the tires.
There is not one single word in the Bible that teaches this.
Yet there is an entire purpose-driven training program for pastors and elders that explains how to catapult anyone who doesn’t sign on to a vision. And if anyone dares to question the vision, then they are opposing the very Creator of the Universe. And you know that the Gates of Hell shall not prevail against the vision that a pastor claims to have received from God to do church business differently. Either get on the bus or get run over by the bus.
Here is a 30-minute podcast from Chris Rosebrough over at Fighting for the Faith. Please listen to the end. You need to know that many churches are doing this, and it goes against a crucified and risen Savior who died for our sins, and who would never pile us up as dead bodies behind the church bus.
- Mark Driscoll Brags About Pile of Bodies Behind Mars Hill’s Bus (fightingforthefaith.com)
- 5 Theological errors to learn (and avoid) from the purpose driven church (standupforthetruth.com)
- “Vision Casters” Beware (christianresearchnetwork.org)
- Collectivism in the Church: How did we get here? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Perry Noble Wants Your Church To Be “Funded and Free” (donotbesurprised.com)
- 10th Anniversary Edition of ‘The Purpose Driven Life’ Redesigned for Millennials (christianpost.com)