But when it comes to some issues like life and marriage and whether the Bible is the Truth in its entirety, Christians are becoming more and more deeply divided. Are there certain issues that God is allowing to take hold in our nation and our churches that He will use to draw His people to Him, even if it means some will depart? What sins do you think God allows in order for Him to separate the goats from the sheep?
Today we are talking with our guest, author Scott Alan Buss, who has two brand new books about the polarization in our nation: Stupid Elephant Tricks: The Other Progressive Party’s War on Christianity has been out for a couple of months, and his soon-to-be released book,Satan’s Jackass: The Progressive party’s War on Christianity. Scott is sharing an excerpt today from that book in a chapter titled, The Devil Went Down To Wall Street.
Scott’s first book, “Fire Breathing Christians: The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution” was launched in 2010, and “Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity” is just out as well. Check out Scott’s blog here.
- Flu-Shot Jesus: Candy Christianity’s Magical Superpal (Sample Chapter from “Apathetic Christianity – The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity”) (firebreathingchristian.wordpress.com)
- Does the Church need a jolt? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Confessions of a Stupid Elephant (Sample Chapter from “Stupid Elephant Tricks – The Other Progressive Party’s War on Christianity”) (firebreathingchristian.wordpress.com)
- How seriously should Christians take the political process? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Brokenness and the Church (standupforthetruth.com)