When we as a Church look bright and shiny on the outside, we might want to make sure that what we’re reflecting is the hope and truth of our risen Savior, Jesus Christ. But a trend in American “churchianity” seems to point to the way we’ve allowed a man-centered religion redefine who we are in the Body of Christ. Our guest today is sharing some good news: that there is a supernatural solution to the darkness brought upon our culture by the false christs, gospels, and teachers of American Churchianity.
Author Scott Alan Buss is here to light a fire under us today, and hopefully wake up a drowsy Church. Scott’s first book, “Fire Breathing Christians: The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution” was launched in 2010, and “Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity” just out last month. Check out Scott’s blog here.
- Fat, Apathetic Christianity? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Reformation>Revival>Revolution (1 of 3) (firebreathingchristian.wordpress.com)
- Youth Turned Off by Religion and Politics, Turn Away From Church (christianpost.com)
- Tickle Me Baal (standupforthetruth.com)
- Does the Church need a jolt? (standupforthetruth.com)
- State of the Church: Part II (standupforthetruth.com)