We know that the God of the Bible is not the same god of the Qur’an. Yahweh of the Bible became flesh 2,000 years ago to be that perfect lamb, the Son, the atonement for our sins. The Jesus we believe in is God. But Allah of the Qur’an did not have a son. There was no atonement, no hope of a Messiah, and no grace for sinners. The Christian God and the Muslim Allah cannot be one and the same. And yet there are a growing number of Christians and Muslims who are combining the faith–syncretizing the two into one. That’s called Chrislam, and it is heresy.
This week the Orange County Register reported in an article that leadership of Pastor Rick Warren’s Saddleback Church believe that Muslims and Christians believe in the same God. Is the article accurate? Is that truly what these leaders believe? Our guest today has communicated with Rick Warren twice in the past few days, and it’s as close as anyone has gotten to America’s Pastor to hear in his own words what is going on.
Chris Rosebrough is host of a daily two-hour internet radio program, Fighting For The Faith, heard around the world on Pirate Christian Radio, a broadcast group he started in his hometown of Indianapolis. Chris is at the forefront of those contending for the truth of God’s Word.
- Do Muslims & Christians Believe in the Same God? (Podcast, Chris Rosebrough)
- OC Register: “Rick Warren builds bridge to Muslims” – RW Issues Rebuttal (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- Exegesis, Eisegesis and “Narcigesis?” When the Bible becomes about you (standupforthetruth.com)
- John Piper on Rick Warren’s Chrislam (standupforthetruth.com)
- Controversy Over An Article About Rick Warren’s Efforts to Bring Muslims, Christians Together (christianresearchnetwork.com)
- A Tale of Two Preachers: Update (preacherfrank.wordpress.com)