Working with our blog and web mechanics, I get to see the statistics on how people stumble across our little site. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the search engine metrics, a little box that tells me what Google search terms they typed in before clicking on our site. Every day without fail, the No. 1 search term has something to do with “Chrislam.” Chrislam is the blending of two religions, Islam and Christianity. Are you aware that Chrislam is an oxymoron? One cannot combine these two opposing views.
No, we do not pray to the same God.
No, you cannot find our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the Qur’an.
No, we are not all God’s “children.” We are indeed His creation, and He would love for all of us to be reconciled to Him through Jesus Christ.
So what exactly is Islam, and how are we different?
Islam is the second largest religion in the world, only surpassed by Christianity. Islam was “born” from the writings of Mohammed, who claimed he received additional teachings from the angel Gabriel. Islam considers the writings of Judaism and Christianity “completed” by the Qur’an, the sacred book of Islam.
Islam is more than a religion. It is also a political philosophy. In true Islam, religion and government are inseparable through the goal of implementing Sharia Law. The Koran contradicts itself at many turns. It initially calls for peace and respect toward Jews and Christians, but later calls for their death if they do not convert to Islam.
Despite efforts by Muslims and mislead Christians to profess that Allah and YHWH are one and the same God, Islam is a false religion and Allah a false god. Allah was one of more than 600 false gods worshipped by Arabic tribes before the Koran was written. The Koran denies the existence of the Trinity and states that Jesus is not the Son of God. Muslims believe that Jesus was a special prophet preceding the ultimate prophet, Mohammed. They believe that Jesus did not die on the cross, but rather was ascended into heaven without death. Some Muslims believe Jesus will return with the Islamic messiah in the final days to help impose the will of Allah.
Our duty as Christians is to love all men, including Muslims. However, the movement to combine Christian and Muslim teachings (Chrislam) is dangerous and should be avoided by true Christians. Sadly many progressive Christians have embraced Chrislam.
- Muslim videotaped self shouting “allah akbar” while shooting Pentagon, Marine Corps museum (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- How Should We Love Muslims? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Canadian teens being exposed to Islamic extremism in high schools (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- As Islamists Stoke Anger Over Qur’an Burning, Islamic Bloc Does Nothing to Calm the Situation (cnsnews.com)
- What is Worth Fighting For? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Bringing the true Word to the Muslim people (standupforthetruth.com)
- The “uncompromising” truth of Jesus as Son? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Iran sentences Christian pastor to death by hanging for rejecting Islam (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)