We’ve been talking about the concerning activities being promoted in many public schools in our nation and around the world. Today we’re turning our focus on one of the more worrisome lessons being taught to children as young as five. Eastern mystical practices like yoga, meditation and now something called “Mindfulness” are seeping into the classroom. Have you heard about mindfulness? It was promoted in a Scholastic Magazine and is heavily steeped in Buddhism. But what is it?
Today we have researcher and founder of a fantastic ministry called Christian Answers for the New Age (CANA), Marcia Montenegro. Marcia’s own story about how she once was a practitioner of professional astrology is a fascinating one, and we’ve linked a podcast of our show introducing you to Marcia here.
Marcia ministers to those who are in the New Age philosophies, and her well-researched articles are must-reads for any Christian who wants to know more about the differences between New Age Spirituality and a life dedicated to learning the Truth of God’s Word and of following Jesus Christ.
- Mindfulness goes to Kindergarten (standupforthetruth.com)
- Ancient Practices for Youth Will Help Unite World Religions (lighthousetrailsresearch.com)
- Hospitals: A new dark age? (standupforthetruth.com)
- Yoga Alliance Shows Its Hindu Teeth (solasisters.blogspot.com)
- Mindfulness For Children: Buddhism For Tots (christianresearchnetwork.com)
- Mindfulness: no-mind over matter (standupforthetruth.com)
- “Christian” New Age Sympathizer Leonard Sweet: (Part 1) Warren, Sweet, and Sweet’s “New Light” Heroes (mountainstreampress.org)